⚠PLEASE READ AND SHARE! THIS IS IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!
To Our Valued Clients,
We would like to take some time to address concerns about (COVID-19). As always, our clients, pets, staff, and families are the reason for everything we do, and we will do everything we can to keep them safe and healthy. Veterinary hospitals are considered 'essential services' and therefore we will remain open to see sick/urgent appointments and dispense food/medications. However, temporary changes are being put in place in order to protect the health of our staff, families, and the community.
We have implemented these changes based upon recommendations from public health officials and other agencies including the CDC, the WHO and the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association).
Currently only hospital personnel will be allowed inside the hospital building. Patients will be picked up at your car by a member of the care team.
Medication refills and food purchases will be made via phone/text and will be brought out to your car by a member of our care team.
Please read below for the current protocol.
What you should do when you arrive at the hospital with your cat:
1.Please remain in your car and text 610-583-2287 that you are here and what color/kind of vehicle you are in (if you are unable to text a phone call is fine).
2. A staff member will alert you when it is your turn.
3. To minimize social contact a staff member will remain 6 feet from your vehicle- we ask that you place your cat, already within their secured carrier, beside your vehicle on the driver’s side. Once you return to your vehicle with the door closed, the staff member will pick up your cat and take them inside.
4. After the medical team evaluates your cat, you will receive a phone call to discuss recommendations and a plan moving forward. Consent for treatment and details surrounding financial estimates will be authorized via this phone call.
5. After the appointment is complete a customer service representative will obtain payment over the phone.
6. Your cat will be returned to you in the same manner they were brought in by the staff member.
* Please remember to have your phone charged before coming for our appointment. This is how the doctors/staff will be communicating with you. It is crucial that they can reach you when they are calling.
Food and medication refills:
1. For medication refills and prescription food requests- Please text 610-583-2287 with your order ahead of time. As always, wait for a confirmation call that your order is approved and ready for pick up.
2. When we call you to let you know your order is ready, we will take payment over the phone.
3. Please call from your car when you arrive, and we will bring your order outside.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to keep your cats safe and healthy during their times of need.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office at 610-583-2287.
The doctors and staff, of Just For Cats.
Just For Cats is the original cat hospital in Delaware County. Since 1999 Dr. Lerner and her staff have been dedicated to serving both you and your feline family members with all of your veterinary needs. Our team is devoted to your cat's comfort and quality of life whether they are a kitten in need of routine surgery or a geriatric patient in need of advanced medical support. Our facility and tools are all tailored specifically with your cats needs in mind. We look forward to meeting you and establishing a life long relationship.
We are here to serve the unique needs of feline family members and their caregivers in a professional, compassionate and friendly manner.
Our hospital incorporates Fear Free techniques and feline friendly handling/nursing to help your cat's visit be as calm and beneficial as possible.
We have a Certified Fear Free Professional on our team. To learn more visit www.fearfreepets.com
University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Class of 1988
19 Years working exclusively for cats and the people who love them!
Sandra - Lead Assistant, Certified Fear Free Professional
We has to say goodbye to our very special cat Gary January 2020. He always looked so dapper in his suit and tie. We miss him so much!
The following documents are great resources to help with getting your cat to the vet office.
340 Lancaster Ave, Malvern, PA 19355
1114 S Front St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
40 Three Tun Rd, Malvern, PA 19355
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
238 Rutledge Ave, Folsom, PA 19033
Monday , Tuesday, & Thursday: 9am - 7pm
Wednesday: 9am - 3pm
Friday & Saturday: 9am-12pm
By Appointment Only